Friday, 21 February 2014

Another advert. This time Michael Parkinson trying to sell us insurance and reassuring us that we don't need to have a health check.  Who would want to join an insurance scheme that doesn't have any checks on who can join?  Would you take out car insurance with a company that says "we take anybody doesn't matter how many accidents you had and how bad a driver you are."  I don't want to join the scheme that allows people that have smoked all their lives and drunk heavily or are ill to also be part of the scheme.  Sorry I've tried to take care of myself, watch my weight, exercise regularly.  I don't smoke or drink excessively and am apparently in good health.  I will only join a scheme that insists on having a health check – my premiums must be lower if the risks are lower – isn't that what insurance is about?  Again there seems to be an idea that if you reach a particular age all normal forms of thought go out of the window and we lose sight of what applies in any other phase of our lives. Come on insurance companies set up a scheme for healthy energetic older people who just like good drivers should be rewarded for looking after themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment